Visitor Visas

There are different types of visas available to foreign nationals looking to enter the US legally. One type of visas are commonly known as, “visitor visas”.

Visitor visas are different from worker visas in that individuals who hold a legal visitor status are not allowed to hold “gainful employment”.

B Visas

The most common type of visitor visa is the B visa. The B visa has two variations, the B-1 visa and the B-2 visa.

The B-1 visa is used for activities relating to business and allows for individuals to engage in certain types of commercial or business related transactions.

The B-2 visa is for certain activities that can include:

  • Tourism.
  • Certain social visits.
  • Certain medical treatments.
  • Participation in certain sports, music or related event.

Another common use for the B-2 visa is to allow domestic partners to accompany their partner who has qualified for a B-1 visa.

Both the B-1 visa and B-2 visa have specific requirements for filing as well as certain permissions/limitations. For more detailed information about B visas, please visit:

B Visa and Status

Visa Waiver Program

In some situations, foreign nationals may be able to utilize the Us Visa Waiver Program. This specialized program permits individuals to remain in the country without a visa for a period of less than 90 days.The Visa Waiver Program has it’s own unique set of guidelines that eligible candidates must follow. To learn about the Visa Waiver Program, please read:

Visa Waiver Program

How we can help you

If you are interested in pursuing a B-1 visa, B-2 visa or would like to participate in the Visa Waiver Program, contact Tucker, Nong and Associates right away. Our experienced immigration lawyers can provide useful information on these topics and file your application quickly so that you do not waste any time.  Give us a call or, contact us online to hear about how we can help.